Stanton Moore Live at The Mint on 2010-05-06
- Stanton Moore
On the Road to Charlie Parker
Boxes, Bills and Pain
Echoes of My Sins
Darkness at the Bottom
Love is Taking its Toll
Keep on Gwine
Who Took the Happiness Away?
Late Night at the Maple Leaf
Related Music (Beta) question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
|On the Road to Charlie Parker|
|Boxes, Bills and Pain|
|Echoes of My Sins|
|Darkness at the Bottom|
|Love is Taking its Toll|
|Keep on Gwine|
|Who Took the Happiness Away?|
|Late Night at the Maple Leaf|
Stanton Moore Trio
The Mint (6010 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90035)
Thursday, May 6, 2010
AKG c422 > s42 > Aerco MP2 > Sonic AD2K+ > Tascam HD-P2
Location : ~Center, ~12' back, ~7' clamp
Mic Config : Blumlein
Record Format : 24-bit, 96 kHz
Transfer : CF card > USB 2.0 card reader > PC
Edit, Tracking : Samplitude (normalize to 98%, fades) *
Dither : POW-r #3
Resample : Ultra High 1 (Samplitude)
Final Format : 16-bit, 44.1 kHz
Verify : shntool (trader's little helper)
Tagging : Live Show Tagger (foobar2000)
Stanton Moore (drums)
Robert Walter (keyboards)
Will Bernard (guitar)
Anders Osborne plays guitar and sings on "On the Road to Charlie Parker," "Boxes, Bills and Pain," "Echoes of My Sins," "Darkness at the Bottom," "Ya Ya," and "Love is Taking its Toll." Ephraim Owens plays trumpet and Shelley Carrol plays saxophone on "Sprung Monkey."
* The initial upload (May 15) of this source had a single track (smt2010-05-06_07) for two songs ("Echoes of My Sins" and "Acapulco"). These are now tracks _07a and _07b (16/44.1 WAV file split using cdWAV1.98); the new files are named as such so those who have already downloaded the source can simply download two replacement files (rather than the whole set). The tags of these FLAC files have all been changed to reflect this new tracking; if you only download the two replacements, you can use foobar2000 to fix the tags yourself, making sure to use auto track number, and then live show tagger, with the included .txt file loaded as the information source (of course this would work with replacement appended ogg and mp3 sets, as well).
### FREE ###
The musicians allowed this recording for FREE.
- Only share this recording with others for FREE.
- Do NOT sell or trade this recording for profit of any kind.
### SUPPORT MUSICIANS ###
Help ensure live recordings remain easily accessible and FREE by
supporting the musicians:
- attend their live shows
- purchase their dry goods
- buy their studio releases
For more information on the musicians, their tours, and
studio recordings visit http://www.stantonmoore.com/
++ recorded, transferred and uploaded by macdaddy (May 29, 2010)
- 2010-05-17 04:02:13
- 161 minutes
- CF > USB 2.0 > WAV > FLAC
- Los Angeles, CA
- Run time
- Taped by
- Transferred by
- The Mint
The sound is mostly great, and it's no fault of the taper, but holy jeebus is Anders LOUD. He really kills the nice mix they had, but they sure do rock hard with him up there!
Subject: Thank You
Subject: Great Energy, Great Show
Secondly, great job of the taper capturing the energy of the crowd, while taping a very balanced recording.
The trio portion of the show (Stanton Moore (drums). Robert Walter (keyboards), Will Bernard (guitar)) features some tight grooves, and superb playing as would be expected from any trio led by one of the greatest drummers of modern day.If your ass doesn't shake while listening to this, get your hip checked :)
However, the show really takes off when Anders Osborne joins the band. His guitar sounds powerful, in your face and very clear, so kudos once again to the taper.
While I highly recommend downloading this show, those in doubt should stream "Boxes, Bills and Pain,"and "Echoes of My Sins," which will certainly highlight this bands ability to blow minds
Keep It Greasy,
Uploaded by macdaddy on